Monday, October 01, 2007

Job Agency ? How crappy can they get ?!?!?!

The process of finding a new job is always not easy for me. Most companies uses job agencies to get them the right candidates. Acting as a filter. I am not sure on the whole how successful does this kind of filter is.

Just too many unpleasant incidents happened on me, maybe is just my luck, maybe is my mix of experience and skillsets, maybe is because the IT sector, maybe ...

I found this actual event really funny ...

XXX recruitment company called

XXX "Are you still looking for a job ?"
Me "I am open to opportunities"XXX "My client is looking for someone who is highly skilled in ABC product h/w and s/w"
Me "I have experience in ABC but then we have to align the expectations of what is highly skilled"

XXX mumbled something ...
Me "Do you have an open position ?"
XXX "Oh yes, my client is an XX XXX"
XXX "How much are you drawing now ?"
Me "XXXX on a XX basis"
XXX "Oh I see"
XXX "Are you willing to take a pay cut ?"

I was baffled !!! IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO HAVE SOMEONE WHO IS HIGHLY SKILLED IN THAT NICHE PROPRIETARY SOLUIION to be willing accept such a pay !!! *Meaning lower then what i get*

XXX "She giggled and agreed with me"Cock !!! Then why ask such a unprofessional question ??!!?!

They should be familiar with specific areas in the whole of the IT sector.

In the end, she even asked whether I will be willing to buy myself out. Almost wanted to shout at her and don't waste my time ! Crap !

Sounds like a newbie who kena arrowed to try someone out.

This is only a telephone incident. There are numerous others where time is spent during actual interviews and simply was unfulfiling or just wasting both parties time.

Either the agency is desperate to push people in and "hala" in their submitted profile or some cockups here and there. Sigh.

No comments: