Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Scam ! Scam ! Scam !

Saw this email in my inbox. So many scam news recently, lucky draw winners, fake court order, fake kidnapped or accident claims, etc. Does it really boils down to demand and supply ? So if no one will kena conned, then no one will con ?

Probably, there are so many people around the world, it is worth a try. Anyway, getting money electronically is like so easy money that conmen would be too hard to resist.

But I still believe if so called demands dropped, then probably the conmen might probably not be so tempted but then too many people around liao. “Goons” probably have a large enough % for the conmen to think of great ideas and fairy tale story.

Not sure how many victims has already fallen into this whoever ploy. Hoping that no one so "Goon" will even attempt to interact with him. But of course this whoever is playing with everyone's 七情六欲. 贪欲 is pure greed. Anyone who wants to 不劳而获 and usually 获 in a very significant way.

Though some might just 贪小失大 …

So USD $30 million, say we split 1/2 1/2. Probably I will get USD $15 million which is about SGD $24 million. For a normal white collar employee, say earning SGD $60K annually, you will take about 24 years at 10% yearly increment to have about SGD $5 milllion, that is if you do not spend a single cent of your salary. And still so far away from SGD $24 million.

Dear Friend,

I am Zhu Li, Bank Manager of Bank in China, Shenzhen branch.I have urgent and
very confidential business proposition for you.On November 6,2001, a British Oil
consultant/contractor with the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation, made a
numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at
US$30,000,000.00 (Thirty Million Dollars) in my branch. Upon maturity, I sent a
routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply.

On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and
all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.I therefore made further
investigation and discovered that he did not declare any kin or relations in all
his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank.
According to Laws of Republic of China, at the expiration of 6 (six) years, the
money will revert to the ownership of the Chinese Government if nobody applies
to claim the fund.

Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as
the next of kin to the man so that the fruits of this old man's labor will not
get into the hands of some corrupt government officials. This is simple, I will
like you to provide immediately your full names and address so that the attorney
will prepare the necessary documents and affidavits that will put you in place
as the next of kin.

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant
documents that will help you understand the transaction. Please send me your
confidential telephone and fax numbers for easy communication.Please observe
utmost confidentiality, and rest assured that this transaction would be most
profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my
share in your country.

Awaiting your urgent reply via my email:
xxxxxxx@gmail.com

Thanks and regards.

Zhu Li.

No comments: