Thursday, October 18, 2007

I got my canon s5 !!!

I got my canon s5 after some reading on what should I get and the best deal out there now. For ultra-zoom cams, the s5 is one of the best you can get in the market. I was thinking about the s5 or the olympus sp550-uz, because my friend can get it at a very good price.

But the reviews are not that good on it, timings are bad and use of xD card slows the saving. These are the main reasons that made me go for the s5. I got it for $720 at John 3:16 at Funan. The best deal checks seems to hover around $710 to $740. And since Oct 8th, canon is giving out freebies for almost all its cams.

For s5, you get a 2 GB SD card and a recharge batt pack. I went for this shop for 2 reasons, it topped the 2 free items with a free canon bag though I don't find it useful for me as I would want something bigger. The other reason was that guy in John 3:16 was really friendly, somehow, his name is Samuel btw.

Quite a few regulars in the shop when I was there ...

Got the enelope recharge batt as well. Recommended by him as these batt can keep the "charge" for months. $22.

Still trying to figure the buttons, modes, controls, blah blah ... etc. Best and shortest way to shoot. The super macro mode it has was quite interesting, so called allows you to shoot at object 0 cm away. This was a shot of my keyboard, almost 0 cm away.

No comments: