Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wisdom Experience

The cleaning experience did not give me any confidence with the doc. But when I went for my wisdom this morning, it was swift and accurate though I need to survive minutes of traumatic moments !


Never like dentist and could not remember when was my last extraction ...


Within seconds, he gave me injections for the LA after applying some lotion on the gum area. Then came the bad news ....


Doc "Your wisdom tooth is big and your jaw bone is quite big"
Doc "I ll take a x-ray of that area"

Then we went into another room, took the x-ray.

Doc "I have taken out thousands of wisdom tooth and never failed"
Me *Hmmm ... some good news*
Doc "Your jaw bone is big which is good for strong teeth but bad if taking tooth out"
Me *Just saved me from being a cliffhanger then push me down the cliff again*
Doc "I need to tell you upfront as the tooth may break during extraction so it might need surgery"
Me "So must extract then know ?"
Doc "Yes"

Swiftly, he say he is going to test whether the LA is enough or not. In about 2 mins, he twist and yank, it was out. Definitely not like going to spa but at least it was almost painless.

I took the tooth back :)

No comments: