Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Cab Fare rockets up !!!!!! Service ????

After 12 years, cabbie big brother decided to increase the fare, the so called lowest fare among developed countries ...

July 12th
Starting - $2.40 ( was $2.50 )
<> 10 km - 10 cents/175 m ( was 200 m )
Peak hour - Addn $2 ( was $1 )
Peak Period starting from 7 am ( was 7:30 am )

Merc cab flag down up 20 cts ...

Will service wise go up ? Nah ... service bad people also take ... service good people also take ... why good service ?

Try calling the hotline during busy hours ...
if you can get to their IVR, you can buy 4d/TOTO
So even you can get to their IVR, either they disconnect you after telling you their whole call centre is busy or they put you on hold till your current call bill can foot the cab bill !!!

Who cares about your service during normal hours ? Is during times when we really need a cab ... then it shows what kind of quality does your service provides !!!

Let me tell one of my funny cab story ... I was at a customer site in Jurong IBP ... called a cab during evening time ... i choose one of my previous designated "Where am I ?" locations, so it does not allow me to speak to an agent or choose my destination ... but nonetheless I got a cab number ..

I was around 10 mins late to get down ... when I got in the cab ...

Cabbie say "Am i going to Jurong ?"
Me "No ... going to Tampines"
Cabbie say "Aiya ... but I am going to Jurong ... change shift"
Me "Ermmm ... then why u take this call then ?"
Cabbie say "Try my luck lor ... Soly Soly"
Me *Speechless*
Cabbie "I pay you lah ... I pay you lah" ( First time in the history of modern transportation, I get paid by calling a cab )
Cabbie "Soly ar ... Soly " think he took out a $5 note ... wanted to pass to me

I just left the cab ... In what logical mind, did he think his call will be in the west area ? and enough time for him to get to his change shift location ?!?!??!?!

Anyway, I met real nice cabbie too

No comments: