Friday, October 20, 2006

Champions League - 19th Oct

Nothing special about the matches on another Champions League's day, but I tried my luck on the accumulator bets on Ladbrokes.

What are the possibilities of predicting 8 out of 8 ?

Anyway, I selected the "6 folds out of 8" bet, this bet will make 28 bets for you, the unit of bet is determined by you, say if you bet $1, so it will bet $28 for you.

Chelsea vs Barcelona, 0 0
Inter vs Spartak, -1.5 +1.5
Werder vs Levski -1.5 +1.5
Sporting vs Bayern +0.25 -0.25
Bordueax vs Liverpool +0.5 -0.5
Galatasaray vs PSV 0 0
Olympiakos vs Roma 0 0
Valencia vs Shakthar -1.5 +1.5

Those in red are the side that I took, the beauty of accumulator is you can put a very small bet and win big but the catch is a minimum number of bets you must win to at least win something. To win big, of course you have to win every bet.

I was almost there, Drogba !!! Why ?!?!??!?! Why ?!?!?!?!??! The guy who was in magnificient form this season, stealing the limelight from the $30 million Shevchenko who only netted once.

I betted $0.70 per unit, so 28x0.7=$19.6, with maximum winning of $1,488. It was that close.

And I tried it again on UEFA Cup on Thursday night, not a bad one to start.

Beginning to like accumulative bets ...

No comments: